Monday, January 25, 2010

Writing Woes...

Do you ever have one of those days where you wake up and wonder if your script really is worth making?? Like you begin to wonder if anyone will ever go see this thing??

Well, I'm having one of those days. And it's not that I don't love my script, I mean I do, but people around me keep telling me it's not their kind of film. So this had me thinking, well, maybe it's not anybody's?? Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, I was just kind of hoping for a few people to at least be as excited about it. lol ;). But oh well, I knew from the beginning that I'm not a filmmaker for the masses, but rather I'm a filmmaker for the few select few who get my twisted sense of humor. It's alright, I really don't mind having a cult film, I think it's actually kind of bad-ass.

And anyway, I'm kind of a filmmaker because I want to make movies that I want to make, and not what others want me to. It's hard enough to be a female director! I mean everyone is going to want me to make the next romcom or Lost In Translation (although I wouldn't mind making a Lost In Translation, that film is brilliant!), but you know what I mean ;). Of course this is not the case for everyone, I mean look at The Hurt Locker! That film is amazing =). I just need to make the films that I want to make and not what others want me to. ;)

Okay, I just kind of needed to rant somewhere. So yes, I'm still set to film my first brutally twisted film about revenge this spring. Even if I'm the only one who sees it, at least it will be the kind of film that I want to make ;).

Hope you all are having better days - love you all!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment